Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What I Had For Lunch 8/5/08

Went to Blue Moon and had the hardest time deciding what I wanted to order -- my initial gut reaction was to go with the salmon -- but I eventually settled on the meatloaf with herb mashed potatoes, green beans, fried onion shoestrings, sweet potatoes, and mixed zucchini salad in marina sauce.

I loved it. The meatloaf was moist and tender, but still had some bite to it. And all of the different textures on the plate -- the crunch of the fried onions shoestrings, the fresh snap of the green beans, the creaminess of the sweet potato -- all played off of each other well. And the portions were huge; I can't wait to eat the rest of mine for lunch tomorrow.

And I definitely liked how they put those huge sliced pieces of plantains on the plate, both for its presentation and its functionality.

No comments: