Friday, August 29, 2008

Surprise

McCain chooses Gov. Sarah Palin as VP running mate

Wow. I did not see that coming at all.

It's definitely an interesting choice and I commend McCain for thinking (way) outside the box for his Vice President, but I have to question how well she meshes with the overall tone of his campaign. If the GOP's insist that Barack Obama is unqualified for office because of his age and lack of experience, what does that say about a 44-year-old, no-name Governor (of Alaska, no less; as beautiful as it may be, it's barely a U.S. state) with a practically non-existent political resume?

It's risky, but I'm always appreciative of the unconventional. This is what I'm loving about the 2008 Presidential race -- everything is so unprecedented. Keep bucking that trend, guys (and girls).

2 comments:

Angelica said...

Out of all days at work-the tv was actually on when it was announced. Everyone's jaw dropped.
Exciting. Can't wait for what the following 2 months will lead into.

Aaron said...

Palin's kind of got a Tina Fey thing going on. I like that.