Saturday, August 16, 2008

"I eat success for breakfast...with skim milk."

TV Guide has already tricked me a couple times.

There's a show on the Food Network called "Heavyweights." It's basically a documentary that explains how all of our biggest brand names (McDonalds, Pepsi, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, etc.) became the powerhouse institutions they are today. It's fairly interesting, but whatever, that's beside the point. What really annoys me is how whenever I see it listed, I always think it's the movie "Heavyweights," the 1995 Ben Stiller fat camp comedy. They really should do something to clear up the confusion. I like the latter so much more than the former, so it makes me run the entire gamut of emotions -- absolute delight, then sobering disappointment. It's a who's-who of young, husky Hollywood: Kenan from Kenan & Kel; Goldberg from The Mighty Ducks; and, umm, that other fat kid who randomly shows up in things sometimes. It's great.

I know the movie plays on the Disney channel every once and a while, but in the meantime, here's a compilation of all the best scenes. It'll do for now.

No comments: